Major mess up in server

Anything you'd like to discuss (related to MoHAA or our clan)
Dodgy
klm-clan Leader
Netherlands

Re: Major mess up in server

Postby Dodgy » 4 years ago

Alright Alright. Someone contacted me and explained the entire case.

There was a 2A member on our server, and another guy joined who stole his name. The real 2A member then asked him to change his name back but he didn't. So one of our members wanted to change his name for him, but accidentally renamed the real 2A member, instead of the copycat.

He apologizes and we hope the case has been cleared up now. :)
=K(L)M=Ðodgy|Ldr

One clean motion. No hesitation.
techno1029
klm-clan General
Great Britain

Postby techno1029 » 4 years ago

Dodgy wrote:Alright Alright. Someone contacted me and explained the entire case.

There was a 2A member on our server, and another guy joined who stole his name. The real 2A member then asked him to change his name back but he didn't. So one of our members wanted to change his name for him, but accidentally renamed the real 2A member, instead of the copycat.

:woohoo:
=K(L)M=Techno1029|Gen

Its the end of the World?? Ahh Shit... I haven't finished my Beer yet!!!
Deady
klm-clan Leader
Netherlands

Postby Deady » 4 years ago

Dodgy wrote:Alright Alright. Someone contacted me and explained the entire case.

Told you white death, that it would be a misunderstanding ;-) - as whitelightning says, please tell your friend that it's alright, and you're both welcome to our server!

Cheers,
=K(L)M=Deady|Ldr
White Death

Postby White Death » 4 years ago

whitelightning wrote:
White Death wrote:and I'll believe it then when I see that just normal player can be 0 or 1

Do you mean player number ?
thats the order of people who joins.

first one is 0 , second one is 1 etc.
if 0 leaves, the next player that joins takes number 0.
It does not have anything to do with being admin or rcon. its just the player number.
you can check this yourself, just enter a empty server. you will have number 0 then.

What might have happened here is that a guy with cheats entered our server.
there is a cheat available which catches names and uses them as their own.
ive seen it a couple of times. so if there were 2 with identical names, a klm member could have renamed the wrong person (since you cant tell if they have identical names).

Anyways , tell your friend he/she is welcome on our server. no doubt about that here :yes:

Really? Interesting. I start to belive your cheating theory. You wanna hear why?
After the problem 1, El complained that SHE :smile2: can't type her full name anymore in multiplayer settings. She told that she can type only 20 characters. So, I tried to be smart and helped her to readjust all game controls and graphic settings (all of them were messed up) and then type into console "Bind i ={2A?}=El_Cinderella|T" that she can take her name quickly in server by pressin I -key.
Guess what happened...
Name changed, but not how she wanted but to be "LOSER" :lol:
This is outrageous! Seems that game is corrupted and need re-install it. So..people..beware!
Seems that someone is really pissed (perhaps because was cheating loser him-/herself).
Someday we can see just while the best gaming moment...BANG!...and all of player names are "LOSER"s
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I dunno...thanks for assistance!
Deady
klm-clan Leader
Netherlands

White Death wrote:I tried to be smart and helped her to readjust all game controls and graphic settings (all of them were messed up) and then type into console "Bind i ={2A?}=El_Cinderella|T" that she can take her name quickly in server by pressin I -key.
Guess what happened...
Name changed, but not how she wanted but to be "LOSER"
This is outrageous! Seems that game is corrupted and need re-install it. So..people..beware!

Sorry but that's not possible, and sounds a little exaggerated.

Dodgy explained it all above. but i will quote his message again:

Case closed.
=K(L)M=Deady|Ldr
White Death

I'm not writing thiss stuff just for fun! This all really happened!
Deady
klm-clan Leader
Netherlands

We're not writing for fun either. we tried to help you, but you're coming up with weird conclusions. we checked our log files. this is serious business.
=K(L)M=Deady|Ldr
whitelightning
klm-clan Leader
Netherlands

Postby whitelightning » 4 years ago

if your friend pressed I and it changed her name to LOSER, i can guarantee you it had nothing to do with KLM at all.
White Death

Deady wrote:We're not writing for fun either. we tried to help you, but you're coming up with weird conclusions. we checked our log files. this is serious business.

I know this asks some attention from you and I appreciate.
But still; this all really happened!
Deady
klm-clan Leader
Netherlands

White Death wrote:
Deady wrote:We're not writing for fun either. we tried to help you, but you're coming up with weird conclusions. we checked our log files. this is serious business.

I know this asks some attention from you and I appreciate.
But still; this all really happened!

yes i understand. Its possible that it might happen. everything is possible. but you can't blame everything on us. we're not kids on here. specially the "LOSER" part, which for sure isn't from our side.

let me again for the third time quote dodgy's post, but in a more simple way:

ACCORDING TO OUR LOGS:
  • 2A-cindrella entered our server, and played for a while.
  • A faker entered our server, and used Cindrella|T as a name. <---- EXACTLY like this. (Not a KLM member though, this is not our behavior)
  • A very nice KLM member tried to volunteer and change the FAKER's name to noob2, because there were 2 cindrellas on the server. BUT, accidently, he changed the actuall 2A-cindrella's name.

Note: Noob2 is a default name that is applied when a member changes a client's name.

I hope this makes sense.

Why would we ever want to bully any of our public server guests? think about this.

Cheers,
=K(L)M=Deady|Ldr

Return to “General Discussion”