Major mess up in server

Anything you'd like to discuss (related to MoHAA or our clan)
White Death

Major mess up in server

Postby White Death » 4 years ago

What happened! One friend of mine (={2A?}= clan member) went to play in your
=K(L)M=Clan Countdown-All-Rifles | klm-clan.com -server (95.172.92.216:12203) just under one hour ago and then happened next:
Administrator (1) (used name ***swampsnake*** or something) copied and used my friend's name and 2A?-clan tag and changed my friend name to be noob2 or something.
What is this? Who is admin there? KLM leader? What KLM leaders think about this?
I don't believe that KLM leaders would do so. If I'm wrong (I hope not), I will stop play there and recommend also my friends so too. So, now you know this, if you already didn't. Peace.
Dodgy
klm-clan Leader
Netherlands

Re: Major mess up in server

Postby Dodgy » 4 years ago

I have no idea what you're actually trying to say. But we won't just change people's names or steal people's names. We only change people's name to Noob2 if:

1) The player's name is offensive or contains offensive language.
2) Someone uses our KLM tags without permission.

That's all I can say because I don't really know what happened or what the problem is.
=K(L)M=Ðodgy|Ldr

One clean motion. No hesitation.
Deady
klm-clan Leader
Netherlands

Postby Deady » 4 years ago

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this in, we'll investigate this. but let me clear something up:

White Death wrote:Administrator (1) (used name ***swampsnake*** or something) copied and used my friend's name and 2A?-clan tag

Swampsnake is not a KLM member, and if someone copied your friend's name and tag, i assure you, it's not a KLM-member's behavior, to do so.

it might probably just be a misunderstanding. if you want, we can further investigate this, and let you know later.

However, what i'm sure about, and like dodgy said, we'd never steal anobody's name and mess around for no reason. All our members are pretty mature with a total average age of around 30+ so it's impossible.
=K(L)M=Deady|Ldr
whitelightning
klm-clan Leader
Netherlands

Postby whitelightning » 4 years ago

White Death wrote:I don't believe that KLM leaders would do so.

Your intuition is correct here! :yes:
White Death

Simply...I'm trying to say:

-My friend, ={2A?}=El_Cinderell@_|T went to above-mentioned server

-Absolutely didn't use "offensive name" nor "offensive language", no, just played for couple of minutes and

-Another player (No. 1) took the name " ={2A?}=El_Cinderell@_|T" and named the real
={2A?}=El_Cinderell@_|T to be "noob2"

-When the real ={2A?}=El_Cinderell@_|T asked "why you are doing this?", the answer was "-leave me alone"

Clear?

SS:

Deady wrote:Hi,

Thanks for reporting this in, we'll investigate this. but let me clear something up:

White Death wrote:Administrator (1) (used name ***swampsnake*** or something) copied and used my friend's name and 2A?-clan tag

Swampsnake is not a KLM member, and if someone copied your friend's name and tag, i assure you, it's not a KLM-member's behavior, to do so.

it might probably just be a misunderstanding. if you want, we can further investigate this, and let you know later.

However, what i'm sure about, and like dodgy said, we'd never steal anobody's name and mess around for no reason. All our members are pretty mature with a total average age of around 30+ so it's impossible.

You are right. I just noticed when I looked those screenshots that **Swampsnake** is still playing under his/her own name. So, my apologies for him/her.
I know that everyone can of course steal and use any name, but only admin can modify other players' names, right?
And only admin can use player numbers "0" and one "1", am I right?
Deady
klm-clan Leader
Netherlands

Postby Deady » 4 years ago

White Death wrote:but only admin can modify other players' names, right?

This is what we are investigating right now. Should be alright, no worries.

White Death wrote:And only admin can use player numbers "0" and one "1", am I right?

Nope, that's not true. everyone can get client numbers from 0 to 41 on our public server, not necessarily admins.
=K(L)M=Deady|Ldr
swampsnake
Klm-clan Captain
Great Britain

Postby swampsnake » 4 years ago

was playing on server when this happened and it had nothing to do with me.,...and its him by the way not her :smile2:
White Death

Deady wrote:
White Death wrote:but only admin can modify other players' names, right?

This is what we are investigating right now. Should be alright, no worries.

Ok. Just easiest way to investigate is to find out that who was that mysterious No.1 exactly 2hrs and 14 minutes ago.

Deady wrote:
White Death wrote:And only admin can use player numbers "0" and one "1", am I right?

Nope, that's not true. everyone can get client numbers from 0 to 41 on our public server, not necessarily admins.

Ok. I didn't know that and I'll believe it then when I see that just normal player can be 0 or 1
whitelightning
klm-clan Leader
Netherlands

Postby whitelightning » 4 years ago

White Death wrote:and I'll believe it then when I see that just normal player can be 0 or 1

Do you mean player number ?
thats the order of people who joins.

first one is 0 , second one is 1 etc.
if 0 leaves, the next player that joins takes number 0.
It does not have anything to do with being admin or rcon. its just the player number.
you can check this yourself, just enter a empty server. you will have number 0 then.

What might have happened here is that a guy with cheats entered our server.
there is a cheat available which catches names and uses them as their own.
ive seen it a couple of times. so if there were 2 with identical names, a klm member could have renamed the wrong person (since you cant tell if they have identical names).

Anyways , tell your friend he/she is welcome on our server. no doubt about that here :yes:
White Death

swampsnake wrote:was playing on server when this happened and it had nothing to do with me.,...and its him by the way not her :smile2:

I know and I already apologized. Sorry..my bad.

Return to “General Discussion”